Sunday, June 25, 2017

Summer Foods and Drinks

Finally it's officially summer, and along with it comes the heat. Don'the get me wrong, I like the sun as much as the next person, but sometimes I need a break to cool off from the constantly pounding rays. That's why I've already created a list of summer foods to enjoy, because what's summer without eating to the heart's content?

1. Flavored Water
Flavored water is delicious, especially when you create your own (because you can put in as many fruits as you'd like).
Image result for flavored water
Credit
2. Smoothies/Juice
Fruit smoothies are so refreshing in the heat. Juice is also another option if you don't want to take out the blender.
Related image
Credit
3. Popsicles and Ice Cream
I'll let you in on a secret: I'm not really an ice cream person, or a popsicle one either. I can only stand cookies and cream or coffee flavored ice cream. Even so, ice cream certainly is cold, which is almost an automatic yes during the summer time.
Image result for ice cream
Credit
4. Cucumber Sandwiches
I love cucumber sandwiches, especially served cold. Just spread cream cheese and a few slices of the vegetable, and enjoy!
Image result for cucumber sandwiches
Credit
5. Pasta
Pasta can be a heavy food, but if eaten in small quantities like a snack, I think it screams summer. Just go light on the sauce.
Image result for pasta
Credit
6.  Salad
Salad is awesome during the summer. Crisp lettuce and squirts of lemon juice with bright red tomato slices make my day! Even if you don't want to go the veggie route, why not try a fruit salad?
Image result for salad
Credit
7. Fruit Kebabs
Melon, grapes, and more all come together for these kebabs. What's better than fruit on a stick? In general, I also recommend berries (my favorite are blueberries). You can easily fill yourself up with these tiny treats.
Image result for fruit kebabs
Credit
8. Tarts
I usually eat pecan and pumpkin tarts in the fall (around Thanksgiving), but tarts in general are nice because off their small size.
Related image
Credit
9. Potato Wedges
These are pretty healthy snacks, since they're really just potato and salt, but they're very tasty.
Image result for potato wedges
Credit
10. Yogurt
Add a bowl of yogurt to your next meal for a cooling taste. It's nearly a necessity with spicy food as well!
Image result for yogurt
Credit

So that's my list of ten summery foods to eat and drink. Of course, we can't forget about the 4th of July barbecues, with burgers and grilled corn (add that last one onto the list). I bet there's a lot more that I've left out, but you can tell me all about them below. What do you like to eat and drink during the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...