Monday, June 5, 2017

Books that Every Girl Should Read (for Younger Kids)

There are some books that no one should miss out on (cough Harry Potter cough). Here are some books I read when I was younger, and I think that everyone (especially girls in elementary/middle grade, because some of these are mainly targeted towards them) should read. All covers are from Amazon.

1. The Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder
I just recently decided to read these books, because I'd never read them as a child. Laura's life is so simple and carefree, and the only real work besides a bit of schooling is chores and moving from plain to plain.


2. Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Clearly
I loved the Ramona books. The author, Beverly Clearly, turned 100 in 2016, so this can give you an idea of when the books were published! They can show you that some things don't change, despite a few decades.


3. Eleven by Lauren Myracle
Lauren Myracle just has that gift of writing exactly what girls think. I've always wondered how she perfectly captured emotions every time.


4. Amelia's Notebook by Marissa Moss
These are also heartfelt, and they're even hand written by the author! They're pretty quick reads, but enjoyable nonetheless.


5. The Beacon Street Girls by Annie Bryant
The author really knows how middle graders act and think. Sometimes, I couldn't always feel the connection between the girls and myself, but I think that develops over time, because the books are in 3rd person.


6. Cupcake Diaries
Baking and books? Count me in!


7. Clarice Bean by Lauren Child
There are three novels in the series by the author of the "Charlie and Lola" picture books and lead to the Ruby Redfort spin-off.


So what books do you recommend everyone to check out? Have you read any of the recommendations above?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...