Thursday, June 15, 2017

MDBC Book Tag

 I've never done a book tag before, so I decided to do one today. For my first book tag, I think I should create one of my own, no? This one's from the series of The Mother Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick. I recommend you read the books if you haven't! Now let's do it!
All cover images from Goodreads.
1. Emma
Pick a book that doesn't have a lot of hype, but one that Emma would have read.
I'd choose the Royal Diaries series. Many people have heard of the series, but it's not overly popular.
98665

2. Jess
Pick a book that takes place in the countryside/on a farm/outdoors.
How about... A Dog's Purpose? True, the dog narrating isn't always outside, but he usually is.
26156990

3. Megan
Choose a book about fashion.
Well, this isn't exactly fashion, but My Life in Pink and Green by Lisa Greenwald is about Lucy's love of makeup. Maybe that makes it more of a Becca though (for the lip gloss).
5742272

4. Cassidy
Choose a book about an athletic protagonist.
Tris from Divergent is definitely athletic. No other commentary needed.
13335037

5. Becca
Find a read with a character that took a turn midway.
I'm going with Marcus from the graphic novel Cardboard by Doug TenNapel. Sorry, I'm not saying anything else to forbid spoilers.
13356190

6. Rupert
Name a story with a shy protagonist that finds their way.
The main character in this story feels worried about starting Jr. High and fitting in. It was another pretty fun graphic novel.
28259085

7. Annabelle Fairfax
Pick a book you completely disliked.
I'd say Anne of Green Gables. I'm sorry, book club, but this one wasn't for me.
8127
8. Sophie Fairfax
Choose a book you misjudged by its cover.
The Iron Trial was a gift from my friend, but I left it on my shelves for quite a while until I mustered the courage to read it. It was So. Good. I'm now eagerly waiting for the fourth book.
The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1)

9. Stewart
Name a book/series that started off nicely, but took a turn for the worse.
(Alright, Stewart wasn't that bad, but I just didn't really like him after the events of Wish You Were Eyre and the Mother-Daughter Book Camp.)
The Meaning of Maggie disappointed me a little. Read my review here.
18656207

10. Clementine Sloane
Name a book about a famous main character.
Fizzy, the main character, gets famous for her cooking, like Clementine!
27272417

So that's the book tag for the MDBC series, mainly about the girls and their peers. Perhaps I'll do one with more of the mothers in the future. And now, every book tag needs someone to tag to do it too, so I tag....

YOU! Participate in the comments below or on your own blog. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...