Saturday, August 19, 2017

A Food Week

My family has been doing a lot of baking recently, and I've been making lots of cakes and cupcakes for the past three weeks, all out of the mix. On Saturday, we made cinnamon rolls out of the package, but on Sunday morning, my sister started making butter cookies from a recipe in a book. I decided to join her by making some berry tarts.
I wasn't really sure how everything was going to turn out, because we never bake from scratch. Ever. However, the butter cookies were delicious!
I can't even believe how they turned out!
These were my blueberry-raspberry-blackberry tarts. They tasted awesome :).

My sister and I made a cake yesterday, too, from a mix, which turned out nicely as well.



Doesn't it look Christmas-y? I just need red sprinkles and green frosting. I want to try making a chocolate cake from scratch and see how that turns out, too!
I also assembled quesadillas at a friend's house (using a stove and everything, and they weren't even burnt!), and cooked some sandwiches. I think I'm definitely starting to branch out a bit more, no matter how basic the recipes are.

Are you a master chef in the kitchen? Or do you like to use easy recipes to cook? Tell me below!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! :)
    I think I'll try brownies or something else with chocolate next.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...