Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Raina Telgemeir's Graphic Novels

 In case you haven't heard of Smile or Sisters, I'm here today to tell you about them! I remember reading them for the first time when my friend lent her copy to me. I instantly loved Smile, and was so excited to read Sisters. Smile is based on Raina's own life, and how she had to go through so much dental treatment as a child because of one accident she had. I love all the character development in the story, and her illustrations themselves, of course. Here's the cover from Amazon:


 If you haven't read it yet, I totally recommend it. It'll leave you in smiles :).
Okay, bad pun.
Sisters is also really nice, and its about Raina's summer before high school and her relationship with her sister then. The best part of these novels is that they aren't corny or anything, and show how Raina changed as she progressed from 6th grade to high school. And since they're based off Raina's real life, they seem real too! Just imagine a contemporary novel in pictures!
Well, that's it for today. I hope you'll check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...