Saturday, February 4, 2017

My New Pet Dragon


  All right, all right, so it isn't a living dragon. But did I say it was? And besides, she's equally as cute. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... my polymer clay dragon! 






 I made her for like 2 hours, took a break, then worked the next to get her done. And I know what you're thinking: where are the wings? I wanted to make here a baby dragon, so I actually left her without them. And yes, baby dragons do have little stubbly wings, but she wouldn't be as graceful with them than without. If I do decide to add wings, I'll post an update.

 Nothing like a good bowl of salad to start off the day.

Oh, the irony.

And I couldn't finish without a Harry Potter reference!

 There's Luna petting her, and a tentative Hermione peeking in (I did a post on those characters I made here.

I usually don't do such advanced creations, but ever since I saw the tutorial I'd been dying to try making a dragon. I tried to change it up from the tutorial, so there are only a few similar parts (like the body, stomach, head, etc.). I did not use the aluminum foil as a core, and for the eyes I just used clay. But anyways, here's the tutorial I found that inspired me to make her! The artist there is so talented! You can click on the Youtube button below to be redirected there for a better view. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...