Friday, February 24, 2017

My To-Read List of Classics

 I'm really behind on my reading this year. But people say that if you write things down, you're more likely to remember them, so I'm making this list of the classics I'd like to read. To be honest, the classics are the genre I usually stay away from because I find some really boring, but I'm trying to edge away from that stereotype. After all, there are good books in every genre. So without further ado, here's the list (all covers from Amazon):

1. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
I read started reading this book, but stopped at about midway because the story seemed a bit prolonged. But since I own this one, I have no excuse to stop this time around... 



2. The Hobbit by Leo Tolstoy
I can't believe I haven't read The Hobbit yet! I'd better start soon!


3. Moby-Dick by Herman Melville


4. Daddy Long-Legs by Jean Webster
I first heard about this one from The Mother-Daughter Book Club book, Dear Pen Pal. I've been meaning to try it out since then. 



5. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee



6. The Odyssey by Homer
This is more of a long term goal, to be honest. I'm not really in a rush to read this one.


7. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
I started on this one yesterday. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it over the week.


8.  A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

So that's my to-read list for classics! The ones I have read include Anne of Green Gables, The Wizard of Oz, Peter Pan (abridged), Oliver Twist (abridged), and Frankenstein (I don't remember if it was abridged or not :) ). What are the classics you need to catch up on? And the ones you've read?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...