Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Best Dessert Ever

 I don't really know why, but my family and I don't really order desserts that often at restaurants. I think we just aren't really dessert people. There's usually a limit to how much cake and cupcake variations one can take. However, after seeing this dessert on a nearby table, we decided that we'd have to give it a try. And I'm so glad we did.
Banana Fritters and Mango Ice Cream

I usually don't take pictures of my food. At all. I feel that food is meant to be consumed right away, and not posted about on Instagram or whatever. However, I wanted to share this awesome treat because I think it's really unique. It's basically a fried banana, or banana fritter, with mango ice cream and whipped cream on the side. I'm not really an ice cream person, but the banana is so hot on the inside, that with the cold ice cream, it's really tasty and balanced. I think the best part about this is that it's not really that unhealthy. I mean, sure, anything fried is automatically deemed bad, but it's a banana! How bad can it be? And it even tasted better than cake, by the way (this coming from a huge cupcake fan!). Interested in the recipe? This isn't the exact one the restaurant probably used, but here's a link to one from AllRecipes.com. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...