Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Cruising Away!

 Hey everyone! I know you guys must be intrigued to find out what this title means, and I know you have a guess, so let me just say one thing: If you guessed I went on a cruise, you're right!
 I know cruising over winter break must sound, um, weird (not to mention cold), but it wasn't. We were going to Mexico, where it is really warm. Anyways, this was my first ever cruise, and I must say it was great! Okay, so I won't lie, sometimes the ship rocked a little too much too handle, but it's not like I got really sick or anything, just dizzy. The funny part about the rocking was when people were going left in the dining room, and suddenly the ship shook, they moved over to the right! Oh, and speaking of the dining room, the food was plentiful! For breakfast, there were pancakes, waffles, omelets, oatmeal, sandwiches, fresh fruits, croissants, bagels, cake, and tons of more little goodies. For lunch, cuisine changed every day, going from "Good Eats" to "American Favorites". What I noticed, though, was that if the boat rocked a lot in the morning, I didn't feel as bad as I did if it rocked in the night. I think it had something to do with all the heaviness of the food. So on the third day, I grabbed some oatmeal (okay, and about 3 spoonfuls of brown sugar, couldn't pass that up :) ) for breakfast and a yummy salad for lunch. I felt much lighter for dinner, which was good since there was this mouth-watering fettuccine with mushroom sauce. Oh, by the way, for dinner every night, there was a grand dining room with fancy tablecloths, cutlery, and other fancy stuff. One night, we even had a formal dining night, which was pretty fun.
 Besides the food, there were also many comedy shows and other entertainment forms, like the movie "Jurassic World". Overall, I think I had a pretty fun time.
 What did you guys do over the week? Tell me all about it, I would love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...