Monday, December 30, 2019

My Blogoversary + End of the Year Recap

Happy Lisa Kudrow GIF by Friends
Credit: Giphy

Well, this is a surprise. Apparently my blog is 5 years old ðŸ¤­. Unfortunately this sometimes feels too real when blogger behaves like a fussy toddler with all of its rules... jk I love my blog, I really do.

But for real, these past few years with my blog have been so fun, and I'm sure next year will be even better! Today's post is all about my blogging resolutions for next year and a recap of what I've been up to this year.

  • I had a total of 30 posts this year. Not too bad, but I definitely want to post more next year!
  • I read... but I didn't really keep track of how many titles ðŸ˜…. My goal for next year is to either use Goodreads or keep track of the books I enjoy in some way.
  • I attended an author event + acquired a signed copy of Capturing the Devil! (In case you missed the post, you can read more here.)
  • I started participating in Top Ten Tuesday, and it's been so fun connecting with other bloggers!
  • I got a bookstagram and embedded my feed on the bottom of my blog's homepage. I'm majorly proud! ðŸ¦š
  • I created a formula to validate how real your excuses are, and talked about quantum mechanics.
  • I watched Sherlock (all four seasons within 3 weeks :)).
  • I watched Friends (why Netflix is removing the best show in the world is beyond me). There will definitely be more Friends GIFs on this blog as I grieve.
  • I added some elements to my blog. You can now follow me on bloglovin, for example. I changed the theme to blue and started designing graphics for each post. I transferred old pages to the sidebar and added a better contact form for an overall more concise look :).
  • Blog more. My goal is to post once a week, every Tuesday, in 2020 (I made today's post on a Monday to align with my blogoversary :P).
  • Use Goodreads more. I have a lot of books marked to-read, and I have updated some of my reviews, but I want to be more consistent on that platform.
  • Use spreadsheet software to track what I read. If I made a list of everything I was obsessed with, Friends, spreadsheets, and Emma Watson would be tied. I'd love to be able to create a post with charts and graphs of what I read, so I'll use a spreadsheet next year and play around with it all I want ðŸ˜Œ.
  • Engage with other bloggers more. Since I started participating in TTT, I've seen other bloggers' perspectives, and I'd like to do so more in 2020.
  • Use bookstagram more (at least once for every blog post). Once it literally took me 10 minutes to find the "share" button, though, so I'm still learning, but I find it really fun!
How was your year? Any resolutions for 2020? Let me know below!

Also, please follow my blog on bloglovin for quality content ;).

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on five years anniversary. I loved all your writings..esp science correlation with real life things.. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to read many more in 2020.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...