Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Planning A Bookish Tea Party

I love party planning, especially for fictional parties where the possibilities are endless. I also love books, and it's fun to dream about combining my interests into an exciting evening. So today I'm taking time to plan the perfect bookish tea party! I'd invite over my favorite fictional characters for snacks, games, and maybe even a movie. Here's the breakdown:

1. Guests
     I think an appropriate number would be no more than 10 people. I've narrowed it down to the following:
  1. Samantha Lee from Under a Painted Sky
  2. Mercy Wong from Outrun the Moon
  3. Audrey Rose Wadsworth from Stalking Jack the Ripper
  4. Mei from American Panda
  5. Megan from The Mother-Daughter Book Club
  6. Cameron Morgan from the Gallagher Girls series
  7. Hermione and Luna from Harry Potter
  8. Gigi from Smart Girls Get What They Want
  9. Kate from Vengeance Road
I think they'd enjoy meeting each other!

3. Food
Online, people light refreshments for tea parties, or food that fits onto one (tiny) saucer. Here's what I have so far:

Image result for raindrop cake
Credit
  • Sandwiches (cucumber & turkey)
  • Those yummy skewers of fruit/vegetables that don't really fill you up and are pointless but aesthetic
  • A cream cheese-and-Triscuit platter (I think I'm the only one crazy about this lol)
  • Tea with boba, lychee jelly, and other toppings. They'd still be served in teacups, so the girls could try out all the flavors they'd like!
  • Mini raindrop cakes for dessert!

The menu is unconventional, but most of these girls are from the past, so it'd be fun to introduce them to boba and raindrop cakes. 

4. Games (this isn't really an element of tea parties but I'm including it anyways)
Bookish bingo! Instead of numbers, there'd be characters on the bingo board, and if I read a description of that character, they'd get to mark it. I think a good prize would be a watch, because it's something classy that all the girls could use.

5. Potential Movies?
Chaalbaaz, a cheesy-ish but lovable Bollywood film. Well, either that or Jab We Met, which is one of Gigi's favorites already!

Too bad this party won't really happen, but a girl can dream! Who would you invite to a bookish tea party? What would you eat? Or, have you fantasized about a video game, etc. party? Tell me below!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh this sounds like it would be the most amazing and icon teapart of ever 😍especially with those guests!! (LOVE Kate and Hermione and Mercy!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...