Thursday, July 4, 2019

My Favorite Quotes From Stalking Jack the Ripper

I recently reviewed Escaping From Houdini, which is the third book in the Stalking Jack the Ripper Series. I love Stalking Jack the Ripper for its awesome heroine, complex mysteries, banter, and detailed settings. To give you a taste for the book and author's writing style without spoiling too much, I compiled my favorite quotes from Stalking Jack the Ripper (some of these are from these Goodreads posts by the author if you'd like to read more). Also, here's the Goodreads page to explore.


40727470
Cover Courtesy of Goodreads

"If I'd known I'd be out-dressed by a bunch of equines, I might've at least worn a bodice with a few gemstones embellished on it."-Audrey at the circus, looking at the horses




"It's all right to act impressed. I know I would be."-Thomas after cleverly deducing facts about Audrey Rose.





(After reading a note about the murderer mailing a kidney)

"Seems a bit odd, don't you think?"

"No, Wadsworth," Thomas said blandly, "sending a kidney through the mail is quite ordinary. I do it at least three times a week to remain fashionable. You ought to try it. Really impress the girls at tea."




"Always foster and grow that unquenchable curiosity of yours."




"Those who deserve respect are given it freely. If one must demand such a thing, he’ll never truly command it. I am your daughter, not your horse, sir.”




"I was determined to be both pretty and fierce, as Mother had said I could be. Just because I was interested in a man’s job didn’t mean I had to give up being girly. Who defined those roles anyhow?"




"I was beautiful and dangerous at once. A rose with thorns."




"Someone screamed; perhaps it was me. Though it would have made me happier if it were Thomas Blasted Cresswell."

"Oh, how I despised remaining silent under such awful judgment. I’d like to remind each man who held such poor opinions of a woman that their beloved mothers were, in fact, women.
I didn’t see any men running about, birthing the world’s population then going on to make supper and tend to the house. Most of them buckled to their knees when the slightest sniffle attacked them." 

What did you think? Are you intrigued? If you've already read the series, are these some of your favorite quotes, too? Tell me below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...