Saturday, May 20, 2017

Let's Talk About...Harry Potter


Hi, y'all! This is the first post in the series I'm hoping to evolve to match many different books. Basically, I'll post questions about a book/series and my answers to them, then I'll invite you to answer them in the comments below or leave a link below to your own blog, where you can respond. Just please link back to this post when you do.

So, to begin, Let's Talk About... Harry Potter! Please note, there are spoilers ahead!
Image result for harry potter
Credit: Wikipedia


What is your Hogwarts house?
Ravenclaw! Go Eagles!

What is your reaction to Snape's actions?
I was mainly surprised the first time I read about them (because that was the one part no one spoiled for me). And Snape automatically was redeemed in my mind for his courage (I suppose I am a forgiving person :)). 

Which shop in Hogsmeade is your favorite?
Honeydukes sounds the best (anything with magic and candy is great). 

If you could as J.K. Rowling one question, what would it be?
Will you sign my book? (LOL). Being serious though, I'd ask her what her wand is made of.

Do you own any book-related items from the series?
I have nice Gryffindor magnetic bookmarks that my friend got me from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and I even got the Ravenclaw ones later on. I also have a pretty Hogwarts notebook and quill pen, as shown here:
 

Fred or George?
I always imagined Fred as the funnier one. I can't believe he died at the end  :(!

What is your reaction to The Cursed Child?
I've always wanted a play version of the stories, but I did loathe Albus, and some characters' personalities changed dramatically. However, it was pretty interesting for a play, and the plot twist at the end was quite unique. You can check out my review here.

Other than Harry's point of view, whose POV would you like the book to be from?
I'd love to experience the stories from Hermione's point of view. I can just imagine her saying, "And today I only got 112 on the exam, when I swapped unicorn's hair with troll's beard and could have gotten an 114 percent!". Or maybe Ron's POV would be fun, because of his constant thought of lunch, and the fact that he's the best friend of a hero.

If you could experience all of the events of one book in real life, which book would you choose?
I'd love to experience the Sorcerer's Stone, because I'm not very brave and the events in that book are not as dangerous as the others. Also, I'd love to experience their classes, and being a first year would be a good introduction to Hogwarts so I wouldn't be overwhelmed.

Favorite characters?
Hermione is my favorite. It's hard not to like someone who's so smart (I am a Ravenclaw, y'all). Second would be Luna, because she's so carefree. 

Favorite Quote?

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" -Dumbledore

So that's the first Let's Talk About... post. I hope to do many more in the future. What other books would you like to talk about? And don't forget to leave your responses below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...