Thursday, December 31, 2020

6 Year Blogoversary + Winter Break Recap

Well, well, it turns out that I'm getting pretty old: the 31st marks my 6 year blogoversary! I'm writing this post at midnight on the 30th, so I expected to create a *late night deeply existential and reflective* post, but I'm blanking on what to write about. So instead of posting a reflection (I think I will post this later into the year), I think I'll write a recap for my break.


Me thinking of blog post topics (and just stress-thinking in general) (Credit).

11 Activities I Did Over Winter Break:

- I did this 500-word jigsaw puzzle from the Audubon society.  I received this puzzle as a gift and completed it back in elementary (middle?) school. I decided to give it another try recently! Not going to lie, even the second time around it was a lot harder than I thought, but it was really rewarding - hopefully I'll buy more puzzles to continue this activity throughout the school year!

- I watched Pride & Prejudice (2005) and created a polymer clay version of Elizabeth Bennet. Her dress could've been longer, but I am proud of how the neck turned out (after a lot of work, I found a way to seamlessly integrate it with the rest of her body).


My clay model of Elizabeth Bennet (modeled after this image)

- I baked chocolate-fudge-flavored cake (from the mix, obviously, since I can't bake from scratch). 10/10 would recommend. This is probably the first dish in a while that I did not burn, overcook, or otherwise mess up.

- I created my own Instagram/Facebook filter. My friend did the artwork and I created a face tattoo version of it with confetti sprinkling over the individual using the filter. SO thankful to have discovered the software for creating filters this earlier this year! 

- I watched Arthur's Perfect Christmas. It wouldn't be Christmas without my family favorite! We actually had to purchase this film online because it's not on Youtube anymore. For some reason, most Arthur episodes have been taken down there?? I am sorely disappointed. I didn't get around to watching A Charlie Brown Christmas, which I typically enjoy annually as well, but maybe next year I'll revisit this one :).

- I got my portrait professionally taken. Technically, I did this before break, but I reviewed the proofs and am narrowing down which ones to order during break.

- My sister made snickerdoodle cupcakes - we poured the cookie dough into cupcake molds and baked them! 

- I participated in Secret Santa events. My friends mailed over gifts to each other and we had virtual reveal parties over video call. This was a great way to connect with others while staying socially distanced! So far, I received a mini rice cooker and F.R.I.E.N.D.S. laptop stickers (both greatly appreciated!).

- I watched "Excuse Me, I Love You" (the documentary about Ariana Grande's "Sweetener" tour). To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan because this was mainly a compilation of performances. However, if you adore her music, this could totally work for you!

- I watched skimmed through Gilmore Girls. I like the concept of the show and the witty banter but, as my friend and I discussed, the plot is pretty slow. I literally skimmed through four episodes within 1 hour (each episode is 40 minutes), so clearly I need a faster pace XD.

- I ordered new toys for my pet parakeets (not the parakeet below).

- I found Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark on Amazon. It just wouldn't be Christmas without this chocolate.

Overall, despite spending an unusual amount of time at home, I had a lot of fun! I usually spend break studying for future exams (my school administers final exams after break), but I'm glad I took a couple of weeks off for myself. 

I hope you've had a good holiday break! Feel free to share some highlights in the comments. Here's to a fun 2021 :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...