Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Normally Wouldn't Have Read

Hosted By That Artsy Reader Girl
Plot twist: I'm adjusting the prompt to books I normally wouldn't have picked up and may/may not have enjoyed. 

I feel like sometimes I stick to a couple of YA genres too much, but I definitely try to branch out and read books with different themes. Today I'll be sharing my experiences through some books I normally wouldn't have read and my feelings about them.

1. Pretty much every dystopia I ever read.

13335037 11735983  17383918 18126198
7735333  15812814 13125947

I picked these up because of the hype. The Divergent series lived up, but the Matched series dragged on, and honestly should have ended after the first book.

2. The Harry Potter and Percy Jackson series

3. sy475  28187

 I avoided these series because of the hype. (I'm actually a really conflicting person, if you couldn't guess by now). But my friends pushed me really hard to read these (which I am so thankful for!) Fun fact: I also avoided the Geronimo Stilton series for the same reason.

3. The Clique series 
(I included some of the fun titles below in addition to the first book.)

890143 690816. sy475   628955 6443321 7190137

It's pitched as Mean Girls meets middle school...definitely something I wouldn't have tried out. But it was honestly pretty fun to read!
4. The Lunar Chronicles
22489107

I tried to read this one, but I just couldn't get into the series. This was a few years ago, though, so I might try it out again.

5. Sci-Fi
155370  2493

I love concepts behind sci-fi, but I think I'm not really built for action movies or books. These were great reads, though, and I was pleasantly surprised!

5. A Thousand Splendid Suns
128029

I'm so glad we read this at school; it was amazing!
What are some books you read outside your comfort zone? Tell me below!

4 comments:

  1. I need to read A Thousand Splendid Suns sometime. It sounds good.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really satisfying! ATTS probably has the best character development I've seen in a while.

      Delete
  2. I can so relate to avoiding books because of the hype. xD So much pressure to like something! I read Harry Potter before there was a ton of hype around it, though. I still haven't read Percy Jackson, but I bought the books last year for my daughter, so I'll probably read them sometime in the nearish future. I really want to read A Thousand Splendid Suns! So glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally, someone who doesn't think I'm crazy to avoid books others are really excited about :). Also, I would definitely recommend reading Percy Jackson soon! What's great is that it's a (pretty long) series; I had enough to read for a whole month! And ATTS is simply amazing!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...