Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: To Read or Not to Read?

From That Artsy Reader Girl
Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme in which I talk about 10-ish books related to a central topic. This week's topic is supposed to be about books I read but didn't finish, but that doesn't really happen frequently. So instead, I'll be discussing books that I judged too early ;). All covers courtesy of Goodreads.

1. One Crazy Summer
I didn't recognize how powerful this book was! I came back to it a year later, and thank goodness for that! This sweet, summery book will definitely leave you wishing for more...

13639804

2. Walk Two Moons
I also underestimated this one! I came back to it and loved it very much (it also made me cry).

53496

3. Old Yeller
I took one look at this book and shoved it in my closet. It looked by a boring classic, but boy, was I wrong! After I watched the movie at a camp, I just had to read it, and it was awesome (and, like the one above, was very sad)!

130580

4. Full Cicada Moon
This was a cover I was intrigued by, but didn't really try out until I had to. This is a super sweet and cool book as well, and I highly recommend it!

23617200

5. Ungifted
I actually planned to read this book, but never got the chance.
Okay, that's a lie. This may even have been one of the books that I brought home from the library and "ran out of time" to read. The next time I checked it out, I read it :).

13623777

6. Finally
I'd seen this in the library many times but never bothered checking it out. I think it's good that I finally read it, but it also wasn't one of my favorites.

6696465

7. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You
I'd seen all seven of the Gallagher Girls books before but never really felt like reading them. Fast forward years later and I can't imagine not having read them :). They're cute, funny, and sweet. How can I resist spy adventures?

852470

So these are seven books that I could have read earlier and enjoyed instead of judging them early on. You'll notice that these are mostly middle grade to lower YA, because after discovering so many great books, I tried to be more open and finish the books I started. Now, when I read YA, I usually stick to a book until it's done (unless it's totally horrible or boring).
So what are some books that you judged too quickly? Tell me below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...