Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Goodreads 100-ish Children's Books to Read in a Lifetime

I like participating in reading challenges and get a bit out of my comfort zone when reading, so there are two challenges I'm primarily doing. One is Goodread's annual reading challenge, where you set a goal of reading a certain number of books for the year. I set my goal to fifty books, but I'm already at 67, so I'll try to get to 100 by the end of the year. Another is not an official challenge, but I'm treating it as one. I'm trying to read as many books from the Goodreads 100 Children's Books to Read in a Lifetime list (once I'm done, I'll do the YA one, etc.). I'm keeping track in a notebook, but I did omit 23 titles at the end if they were just picture books that I read already. I think there were only a few picture books I omitted because I wasn't interested, if any. So here are the books I've read for that challenge:


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Where the Wild Things Are
The Cat in the Hat
The Secret Garden
The Giver
The Giving Tree
To Kill a Mockingbird*
Matilda
Anne of Green Gables
Little House in the Big Woods
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
The House at Pooh Corner
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
Holes
Island of the Blue Dolphins
Amelia Bedilia
Wonder
Number the Stars
Ramona Quimby, Age 8
Hatchet
*I'm not sure if this one should be on the Children's List, perhaps the Young Adult list would be better for it.

So basically, I've completed 21/67 books, or 31.3% of my goal.
Image result for shoulder brush gif
Credit

By the end of the year, I hope to have read:
Charlotte's Web
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
A Wrinkle in Time
The Lightning Thief
Ella Enchanted
The Bad Beginning

I know, I know. I can't believe I haven't read Charlotte's Web either! Or about a bunch of others I really should have read...
Image result for embarrassed gif
Credit
Hopefully, I'll make some progress by the end of the year on this list. Do you do any reading challenges? Would you like to do a reading challenge? Tell me below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...