Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The One Where They're All In Quarantine...

Hey everyone, I hope you all are staying safe, healthy, and positive during this time! In fact, this post is dedicated entirely to quarantine and activities you can do at home.

So first, what have I been up to?
  • Writing. 
  • Adding books to my TBR list (but not really removing any 🥵). Sadly I realized that just because it's quarantine and I have more time to read does not mean I have more money to buy books. I also have an excessive library card fine that isn't getting any younger. Yes I know I'm the worst, but in my defense, we don't have out as many books as I'd thought, and anyway I can't go return anything right now, so...¯\(ㇱ)/¯.
  • Coding my bookshelf. I basically created classes to store all my books by title, author, genre, etc. and set up "library accounts" for potential users to check out my books. The classes only took a couple of hours to make and this was a fun CS take on my bookish interests! I will be posting all the code on my blog, and I encourage you to try running it, even if you don't really code! 
  • Bookstagram. I'm having way too much fun on IG these days. I've started following a couple of lifestyle accounts that I hope to learn from! 
  • The usual studying. But even that's better with all the breaks!
  • Spending time with my birds!
  • ...And working on a sEcRet sURprIse TM. Details to come!
This week has been so relaxing because my school is on break, but I know this won't last :(. Nevertheless, I'm trying to make the most of it and have fun :).

Some links I recommend checking out...
  • combatcovid.org! (#shameless-self-promo)
    • 10/10 would recommend becoming a member to the site my friend and I created. We have plenty of informational pages and spots to submit writing + artwork + anything creative! 
  • Audible for their collection of recently released free books. I'm working on The Spies That Bind by Ally Carter, the prequel to the Gallagher Girls series, which is actually only available as an audiobook!
  • Google's augmented reality features. Just search up an animal species, click "explore with 3D", and it will appear in front of you. I experimented with a tiger, duck, and alligator (my favorite), and my friend T projected a shark!
Alligator! The strange angle is because I had to crop my sister out :).

I hope these are some unique ideas for you to enjoy! Check back next week for my TTT post about book titles that would make good band names!

What have you been up with during quarantine? Let me know below! 

Also, follow me on Bloglovin and IG to support quality content ;). I also realized that many people don't have a Bloglovin account, so I added that blue button at the top to follow instead. I really appreciate your support ðŸ¥°.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...